1. Clean All windowsWindows that are clean, allow natural light to flow in without problems. This can do wonders for the value of your home when prospective buyers come to take a look. If your home happens to be dark and dingy, it could have an adverse effect on your chances of making a good sale. Also, light can tend to change a person’s perception. They have been known to make areas look bigger, which can prove to be advantageous in your situation
2. Eliminate all odorsBelieve it or not, a home with unpleasant smells will cost you money when you try to sell. The smell of pets, cooking, cigarettes and many other odors cost homeowners money all the time. If you smoke, avoid smoking in your house, opening a window does not work. Also, if you plan on selling your home try not to cook things where smell can linger for days. Finally, to cover up some smells you may want to try fresh flowers, opening a few windows, remove all shoes from the entrance and change your air filter in your furnace.
Swish, a local company located in Whitby Ontario, has many products that you can buy to help remove some of those unwanted odors.
3. Update your hardwareIf renovating your kitchen or bathroom is out of the question, why not just replace and update the hardware and faucets? This is a simple and inexpensive way to upgrade two of the most important rooms in a house when it comes to selling your home.
4. declutter every roomA home that offers space or at least, creates the illusion of space has higher chances of getting sold. So, try and create some place in your home. So, remove anything that’s unnecessary or rearrange the furniture till you get a sense of roominess.
Check out some tips on How to Make Your Home Look More Spacious
5. Add a fresh coat of paintThis is often considered one of the best bangs for your buck when it comes to getting your home ready for sale. Give your home a fresh coat of paint to liven it up. This will make the house look clean and well maintained.
Check out Benjamin Moore's Latest Colour Trends for 2018
6. Add some curb appeal?Make sure your lawn is mowed and the greenery isn’t allowed to grow free. This can darken your home and even cause mold to grow. Also, trim the bushes and hedges. A well-kept garden or lawn can enhance the appearance of your home.